Send me an email and I will let you know when the next Rooted in Awareness group is starting up!
Rooted in Awareness: A Mindful Eating Practice
A 16-week small group coaching program
focused on the principles and practices of mindful eating.
Come join us as we explore the benefits of mindful eating together!
Why Join Rooted in Awareness
and Practice Mindful Eating?
- Let go of food anxiety, stress, and preoccupation with diet culture
- Create awareness and bring in curiosity
- Learn to truly enjoy your food
- Eat anything you want without guilt or shame
- Feel empowered, confident, and peaceful in your body and around food
- Increase your energy and vitality for life
- Discover which foods feel best in your individual body
- Look at your relationship with food from a new perspective and gain insights in your unconscious beliefs about food and your body
- Release thoughts and beliefs around food that are no longer serving you
- Create new thoughts and beliefs that cultivate a peaceful and empowered relationship with food and your body
- Practice full loving and nourishing yourself through true self-care
- Cultivate long-term permanent habit change
- Explore new concepts with the help of a small group of like-minded people
- Receive individualized, personal guidance when you are feeling stuck or uncertain
- Develop friendships and a support system that will hopefully continue outside the group - feel supported, uplifted, encouraged, and challenged by others with similar goals
- Learn from each other's experiences and insights
- And that's just to name a few!!
How Will the Group Work?
- The group runs for 16 weeks, giving us adequate time not only to fully explore the principles of mindful eating, but also to really incorporate those principles into our everyday lives as permanent, lifelong habits.
- Each week we will have a one-hour group video call (Zoom) held at mutually-agreed-upon time. (Initially decided by a poll, then the same day/time each week thereafter.)
- The group will be capped at a maximum of 8 people so that we are ensured an intimate, supportive experience, as well as one-on-one attention during each of the calls.
- If more than 8 people want to participate, we will form two groups based on what times the participants are available for the call.
- As a group, each week we will discuss and experiment with a principle/aspect of mindful eating. During the week, we will practice that principle.
- When we come together the following week, we will share our experiences, celebrate our successes, overcome obstacles, and remove roadblocks with each other, and we learn about a new aspect of mindful eating.
- The calls will be recorded so that you can view a second time, or to watch at a later time if you are unable to attend one week.
- There will also be a private Facebook group for communicating as desired with the group during the week as desired.
Some of What We Will Explore Together:
- We will explore the different types of hunger and how we can satisfy those different types of hunger rather than deny them.
- We will look at what kind of eaters we are and explore our habits and patterns with food, where they come from, and how we can shift them.
- We will work to let go of diet mentality and make peace with food.
- We will work to cultivate love and respect for our bodies and to prioritize how we nourish and care for them.
- We will practice simple tools for eating more mindfully, regardless of the situation.
Want to learn more about this mindful eating practice?
Send me an email and I will let you know when the next group is scheduled to start.
Want a more individual deep-dive experience?
Sign up for a FREE Clarity Session today to see if one-on-one coaching might be the right fit for you.